One of the most frequent questions we’re asked by single men and women, especially those who have gone through divorce and haven’t dated for years, is “How do I meet Mr. or Mrs. Right?” When you are single in your 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and beyond, it becomes more and more difficult to meet suitable partners.
So here are some suggestions that we have given to women and men on places to go to find true love:
- On-line – Many people, especially women, cringe when we suggest on-line dating. Yet we can attest to the fact that many clients we’ve worked with and some of our family members have met their “Mr./Mrs. Right” on-line. The top dating websites are Match.com, eHarmony.com, Chemistry.com, JDate.com, OkCupid.com, PlentyOfFish.com, ChristianMingle.com, True.com, OurTime.com.
- Reunions – Even if you haven’t gone before this is a wonderful place to catch up with people you haven’t seen in years, maybe an “old flame” who is single or divorced. And you can let others know you are looking to date.
- Blind Dates – Ask people you know, friends, family, co-workers to be on the lookout for you. Even the worst blind date costs one night out of your life and you never know who you will meet.
- Classes – Take lessons in something that interests you and appeals to the sex you are looking to date. You’ll most likely find more women taking cooking classes and more men taking flying lessons. Dancing lessons, financial courses, sailing and scuba diving are other good ideas.
- Singles Groups – There are singles groups that plan activities so you get to know other single men and women while enjoying a fun activity.
- Religious Organizations – Places of worships may have activities for singles and certainly you will meet new people to connect with.
- Volunteer Groups – When you do volunteer work with a group, you will meet like-minded people who care about what you do. Areas of interest include groups focused on politics, the arts, helping the homeless, veterans, the environment and animal welfare.
You never know where you are going to meet the next love of your life. Keep your eyes and ears open. And don’t give up.